Thursday, February 9, 2012

What I've Been Up to

Mostly hanging out with my kiddo, but also making and eating a lot of good food:

I love super-sour mangoes, and these are some of the sourest mangoes I've encountered in the United States. I ate these with Tajin chili mix. (My favorite mangoes are called "green mango" from the Philippines; sadly not available here.)

Watching my baby grow up. This was definitely a kairos moment.

My first-ever frittata: spinach, leek, prosciutto, sun-dried tomato, Parmesan cheese, goat cheese


Leftover chili -- mmmmm...

I thought this was kind of brilliant: the 3-year-old built a tree by balancing some blocks meant to make a castle. I hope this bodes well for his future intelligence!

xo, Gladys

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm hungry and I want green mango with bagoong. My mouth waters when I reminisce about the green mango from the Philippines. My uncle sent me back to the city with an entire branch from his tree. Mmmm. So good! Why oh why don't they harvest that stuff here?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know right?? green mango was mostly what i ate on my previous trips. it was hard on my stomach and teeth, but i didn't care! so addictive! i haven't found anymore unripe mangoes at the stores lately. *sniffle*

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...