Monday, May 28, 2012

Matching Greens

Oh my gosh I actually have an outfit post for you today! Well, a little one. We went to my great-aunt's 87th birthday party yesterday, and these were our party clothes.

Top: C.luce via ModCloth | Skirt: Kamiseta (Philippine brand purchased in Manila in 2001 or 2002) | Flats: Blowfish via TJ Maxx

Simple and sweet, right? (Yes, we gave the kiddo a crew cut for the summer!) The skirt is too long for my taste but I bet it would look more stylish with heel sandals. This is one of those pieces of clothing that I rarely ever wear; it takes on sharp wrinkles in the washer/dryer and, frankly, I am too lazy to iron it properly each time I want to wear a skirt. But I'm so glad that I never gave it away. I never really had a top to go with it until I bought this forest green one a few months ago (one of my current favorites that always gets a compliment or more each time I wear it). I usually wear the top with jeans, but the skirt seemed so perfect with it, matching greens, that I made the effort to steam iron it. Very glad I did! The whole outfit looked much dressier with the skirt.

This outfit reminds me to get more green clothes, and hopefully green pumps or flats.

Bonus photo of me with one of my favorite ladies, my second-cousin-in-law (i.e., my second cousin's wife):


xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...