Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Back in Purple

Dress: Patagonia | Cardigan: GAP | Tights: Hue via Macy's | Boots: Fluevog PRI (Radio family)

I wore this to volunteer at my son's kindergarten class. No doubt about it, I am WAY overdressed when I volunteer! But dressing up is fun, and I don't have regular opportunities to do it. This outfit came together in my head very quickly, mostly because I basically took it out for a test drive two years ago when I paired the cardigan and boots with a plaid skirt. I like this outfit much better, however. The dress is both comfy and well-made (as all Patagonia items are) with an interesting neckline, and the added texture and pattern of the tights were the perfect way to finish the whole thing.

Detail of the tights

And of course some love for the boots (once again), one of my top 5 favorite Fluevogs, even with the blemish on the left boot (I think I bought it that way). They're easy to dress up or down, they hug my feet just the way I like, and they're excellent for fall weather -- at least in Southern California. I'm sure you'll see these here again. :-)


A note on the photography: I used a remote and tripod for these photos (my son pressed the button on the remote for me, sweet thing), but I'm not that great with self-portraits, hence the off-center images. Sorry about that -- still working on my skillz.

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...