Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Done! (Or as done as I can be atm)


Just sent off the latest draft! which is hopefully the next-to-last draft! (Don't worry about my not hitting 60,000 words exactly; that was just an estimate anyway.)

I really wanted (and expected) to get this done 24 freaking hours ago. For some reason, I've been horrible at estimating how long the revising will take. (To be fair, I did add about 20 pages of new material in the last week and a half. That's the net number of new pages I ended up with. Who knows how much I deleted.) It took me ages to work on conclusions, and some sections just made me want to shut down my brain for the day. Which is sort of what I did, but in pieces. I'd take a look, tweak a sentence, maybe write a whole paragraph, then I'd walk away for a distraction -- 2048, Twitter, Facebook, Cumberbatch news, even TV and a movie. I don't think it was just lack of sleep that made me so distractible, although of course that probably contributed. I had to move around a lot, taking my laptop with me to the couch, to the countertop so I could stand while typing, to the dining table with the uncomfortable chairs, and back again. I even accidentally scraped my thigh (a little blood, even) without realizing it. I didn't figure it out until it started stinging from sweat (yeah, it's kinda hot over here this summer).

Anyway, long story short, this was the weirdest writing session I've ever had. Stupidly, I made plans for this morning, while all I want to do is sleep. It's not worth canceling, though, since my son will probably be awake in a couple of hours anyway. Well, at least I can get those couple of hours. Nighty-night! *yawn*

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...