Thursday, March 29, 2012

16 of 30: Green Stripes

This is so dumb, but I've had this very simple ensemble in mind for months now and have only just been able to take photos of it. Lucky #16. I wore the same outfit a few weeks ago but didn't get a chance to get photos, and given the way my clothes cycle through the wash, sometimes it takes a while for a hand-washed sweater to come back into my closet.

It's become clearer and clearer that my closet and style of laundering do not mesh with 30 for 30 challenges -- however, I still want to finish this challenge (in my own, ridiculously drawn-out way) since I do like the idea of clothing longevity in the first place. I mean, it's pretty cool that the same set of clothes can be worn over the course of three seasons. (Although it might turn into four....) Of course, I live in Southern California where distinct seasons don't really exist.

Sweater: Cooperative via Urban Outfitters | Jeans: GAP | Socks: old, Kohl's, Target, or even Mervyn's? | Flats: Blowfish via Amazon

I had my mom take the two bottom photos. I didn't tell her what for, only that I liked the outfit and wanted to remember it for another time. So I was stiff during the picture taking (not to mention my poor posture). Also, I did want to show you how my hair is in serious need of a cut and style. I finally broke down last week and called my stylist, so I'll be getting a haircut before the day is out. I'm not sure if I'll go short again or if I'll just have her restyle the layers. I'll try to put together another outfit photo set to show you what I decided. :-)

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...