Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Zaza, My Precious

I figured it was time for another outfit post.

Jumper: thrifted | Blouse: via ModCloth | Navy tights: Foot Traffic via Sockdreams | Shoes: Fluevog Zaza (Mini family) | Headband: made by me + Joanne

Once again, this was all about the shoes. This was my first time wearing my Zazas, bought gently used through Amazon. Usually, the smallest size in the Mini family of Fluevogs is much too large for my feet, too big even if I place insoles in the shoes and wear thick socks. But apparently Fluevog will sell other retailers like Amazon rare colors and rare sizes that are not available at the Fluevog stores. This pair was one of the rare sizes, a 5 (the Minis start at 6 at the Fluevog stores). The left shoe fits me perfectly, but unfortunately, the right shoe is still too big, more like a 5.5 -- and my right foot is bigger than my left, so that is a noticeable difference in size between the two shoes. This is probably why it was resold by the previous owner. But with an insole it worked for me, so I couldn't give up, and it was ~$75 which is a steal for like-new Vogs, particularly the most popular styles. Just check eBay if you don't believe me. I've lusted after the Mini styles for a long time, being saddened by the fact that they usually don't fit me, and the Zaza is my favorite Mini style -- at least, my favorite non-boot style in the family. Too bad there aren't more size 5's available in other styles. Or not. My wallet is shaking in fear at the thought.

I have to say, I really like the idea of this outfit, but I think it would have been more appropriate for a day spent at a university either teaching or taking a class. Especially with the glasses. It was a little too business-like for going to a local tea place with some friends. Also note that I didn't wear my hair like this when I was out; I just decided to take photos afterward. Besides, I'm growing out my hair right now and it looks sooooo unkempt on most days. Even blow drying makes it look crazy! I can't figure out what to do with it, and I think it is still too short to do the fun stuff I planned with longer hair. Oh well. I must be patient.

xo, Gladys

P.S. Can I just say how much I love Sockdreams? Here's how they describe their color tights (made by Tabbisocks): "Opaque enough to cover leg hair, but not opaque enough to totally hide tattoos." ROFL. Love it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Zaza. They are so gorgeous! Alas, with the new car and me making a conscious effort to be mindful of le budget, there will be no new Fluevogs for me for a while:( Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-( but i'm sure there will be more in your future. and you are still the (rightful) duchess of the fluevog haight store!! <3

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...