Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sewing Tutorials Roundup

If you're on Pinterest, you might have exponentially increased your to-do list like I have. Over the past couple of months, I've accumulated links to some awesome sewing tutorials that I want to try by the end of summer. Thought I'd share some of them here, in case you're in need of inspiration and encouragement during these "dog days." Just click on the photos to go to the tutorials.


I want to make these adorable newborn pants for my brother's twin boys who are due to be born in late September.



Here's another project I want to do for my twin nephews. I think I'll have to make two!



I love the idea of these fruit stripe skirts, and I'm thinking the watermelon skirt will be the first one I try.



Although I don't like the idea of cutting into perfectly good pillowcases, this tote bag made from a pillowcase would be great if I could find a pillowcase pattern that I really loved.



I'd like to try out this hemming/finishing method, called a lettuce hem, on a quick skirt using my sewing machine (no serger here).



This is a cute and free pattern + tutorial for a shirt or dress for a 12-18 month toddler (girl). I don't know any kids that age currently, but I'm going to make this anyway! I think I'll use two different fabrics for the circle neck and the body.


And finally, here are a couple of links to sewing roundups:

Happy sewing!

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...