Sunday, June 9, 2013

Night Out in Stripes

Dress: Aryeh via Modcloth | Shoes: Fluevog Raquel (Pindown family) via Amazon

I wore this outfit to an impromptu night out with my girlfriends last week. Check the dress off my list! It's one of the pieces I had to alter: the straps were too long which made the bodice gape indecently. I kept the dress instead of returning it because I really liked the fabric and design and thought that I could make it work. Even after the alteration, however, there's still some gaping as you can see. (Of course, if I had a bigger bust ... alas.) The alteration also hiked up the waistband so it's a little bit above my natural waistline; I can live with that. As for the straps, I'm thinking of doing something like this to create a bit of a sweetheart neckline while securing it at the same time. The stripe pattern might make it look weird. I'll keep you updated, whatever I decide.




My favorite part of the dress is the skirt, which is lined with a soft, crinkly cotton much like the striped fabric, and it's very full. I'd love to take it dancing (with some shorts underneath, of course).

Finally, a note on the shoes. I first wore these to my friend's disco party and danced the night away. They're completely broken in now, and they felt fantastic last week. They're incredibly comfortable and very stable despite the height. I danced in them, after all. I'll be the first to admit that they're not my prettiest pair of shoes, but I'm quite sure I'll wear them again this summer. :-)

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...