Tuesday, December 13, 2011

#2: Three Holiday Parties in Four Days

ON ME: Dress: Kohl's | Jacket: Tulle via Modcloth | Tights: Sockdreams | Shoes: Fluevog "Corey" (Blind Faith Mid family) via Amazon

This wasn't quite a holiday party, but it felt like it! It was the 5th Annual Salsalegre, a charity fundraiser supporting a very poor rural area in Baja California, Mexico. My good friend M was part of organizing the event in previous years and wanted to attend it as a guest this time. But she didn't want to go without me as it was too far to go by herself. When she said salsa and charity, I couldn't resist, even if it was the middle of the week. Wait, actually...it was the opportunity to have a fun night out without kids that was the true attraction! Haha! It was a really great event. The performances were AMAZING. And, incredibly, so many of the paying attendees -- the amateurs -- were fantastic dancers. I loved watching them. The hubby and I didn't do much dancing because it was quite intimidating, actually. We're planning to take some salsa lessons before attending again next year!

A note about the shoes. You can't really see them in the horrible iPhone photos above; sorry about that. That's why I included the stock photo to the left. As you can see, they are just gorgeous. I love the Art Deco feel to them. I couldn't resist getting them especially at the sale price Amazon had offered (ridiculously low for Vogs). But sadly, these were not comfortable to wear for dancing that night. The Blind Faith family is a little too large for my feet, so I used insoles AND toe pads. But as the night wore on, the pointed toe box scrunched my poor toes too much. It was hard to walk to the car at the end of the night. (The hubby offered me a piggy-back ride part of the way, and yes indeed I took him up on his offer!) Oh well. Next time, I'm hoping that better insoles will do the trick. The ones I used were not super high quality.

Check back tomorrow for the last holiday party post! Stay warm and happy, dear readers!

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...