Sunday, May 12, 2013

Purple and Dots

For those who celebrate, Happy Mother's Day! And happy day to all non-mothers as well. :-) I'm seeing my mom today, and my brother and I are going to make her brunch, complete with mimosas. Fancy!

Cardigan: Freeloader via Amazon | Top: Moon Collection via ModCloth | Belt: taken from another dress | Skinny jeans (jeggings?): a.n.a. via JC Penney | Flats: Fluevog Amie (Integrity family)


This has been a crazy-busy but also fun week, and I'm trying to figure out how to parcel out the blog posts so I can get to it all! I wore this outfit on Friday to meet up with one of my favorite people, Miss Joanne, during her brief visit to Los Angeles. We met up -- of course -- at the Fluevog store on Melrose. Two of her best friends also came and the four of us tried on a TON of shoes together. I'll have much more to say and show tomorrow about that super-fun visit (things like, the new Faraday steel-toe sandals are unbelievably fantastic and comfy!), but for now, I'll leave you with this awesome Vog flower wheel including the four of us and three of our dealers, Kate, Alice, and Kim. I dig all of the Vogs in this wheel, but I am especially enamored with my newest pair of Vogs, the Derby Swirl! See the bottom-center shoe:

From bottom-center clockwise: Derby Swirl in purple polka dots, Woop Woop in black, Liz in black/pink/white, vintage Moneywalker, Guide in black, CBC in blue suede (sans laces), Bunny in navy/yellow/teal

Oh love! Thanks to my dear husband for helping me with the layaway payments; I was able to get my second pair of birthday shoes sooner. I switched out my cream Amies and walked out of the store in purple-and-polka-dot style. My new ankle boots were perfect for walking up, down, and across L.A. streets. I'll take closeup photos sometime soon. These shoes are truly gorgeous in real life. While the outfit featured here went well with the purple boots, I have another outfit in mind for these beauties. :-)

xo, Gladys


Follow Desert Chic on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...