Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Birthday Haul

Last year, I shared the awesome birthday presents that my husband gave me (geekery extravaganza!). This year he gave me Seasons 1-3 of Community AND made a generous payment towards my purple polka-dotted Derby Swirls currently on layaway at the Melrose store. I'll share pictures of those once I have them in my hot little hands! For today, I thought I'd share some of the lovely presents I got from other dear people in my life.

This shoe cubby bench (exact) came from my parents-in-law. It's perfect for our entranceway. No more shoe clutter in a house where we take our shoes off at the door. And it's a great place to set things down and sit for a spell. We'll have to replace those dinky little Ikea stools with something else, but we've got time to look.

E's presents spoke to the foodie in me. There was more delicious chocolate in her gift bag, but it was quickly and pleasurably consumed. That Bubble Bakery soap smells ridiculous (in a good way). The sweet coconut smell is so strong and real that it seems edible.

M's presents spoke to the crafter in me. This array of goodies was very inspiring. I love the framed snapshot of our group of mommy friends. I can't wait to go through the magazine, but most of all, I can't wait to try out the awesome vintage patterns she managed to find! I just wish I had MORE TIME. I'll probably try the plaid jumper pattern first.




ETA: I forgot to take a pic of these beautiful rice bowls from my friend MC. MC's house and household goods are just what I like, and these delicate little bowls showcase some of her tasteful style. I absolutely adore the colors!

xo, Gladys


Follow Desert Chic on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...