Thursday, July 4, 2013

My Mom's New Kicks

Happy 4th of July to those who celebrate it!

So, I left you all hanging a little bit at the end of my last post. What was the second pair of shoes that Fluevog L.A. gifted to me and that I subsequently gave to my mother?

My mom in Fluevogs

The Hope | Promise oxfords in purple, still available for sale at the Fluevog website. I'm not sure why they were one of the free pairs, but I'm very glad they were. My mom texted the above photo to me the other night when she went to see Josh Groban in concert at the Hollywood Bowl with a few of her friends. Her verdict? The concert plus fireworks (celebrating the 4th of July a little early) were "fantastic," and the shoes were "very comfy." Glad to hear it, Mom!


This is what the shoes look like under indoor lighting. Not as pretty since you can't really tell they're dark purple. They look more like a reddish-brown here. Still very handsome shoes, though. You may have noticed that I have the same style in a different colorway (navy/cream). I can personally attest to their comfort. I took my pair to Seattle and enjoyed the heck out of wearing them. No break-in period. :-)

Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't let you know that the gorgeous burgundy/light pink colorway is currently on sale at Fluevog for 30% off. I'm surprised that these are on sale since the colorway seems pretty classic. (Previous colorways that went on sale were orange and a bright teal/blue. Definitely trendy colors.) You can see the burgundy in action here, when my friend M tried them on at the store late last summer. Gorgeous, I tell ya. You're lucky if you get them!

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...