Monday, July 22, 2013

Roses and Patent Flats in Turquoise



Dress: Tulle Clothing via ModCloth | Shoes: Fluevog Amie (Integrity family) ON SALE

I had lots of fun with this simple outfit. I wore it to my friend's daughter's birthday party. Longtime readers might recognize this very fun dress. It seems I wear it at least a few times every summer, but I also posted on it earlier this year for Easter. (Here are 2011 and 2012.) This time I paired it with my gorgeous new Fluevog flats -- the Amies in aqua I bought on sale -- which turned out to match beautifully. For some reason, the shoes photograph a lot more blue than they are in real life. I tried to fiddle with the colors in these photographs, but they're still not as green as they should be. The color is actually more turquoise than aqua, but it's captured pretty well in the Fluevog stock photo. (Btw, I asked my husband to include the hose in the pix because I thought it was funny how closely its color matched my shoes!)


And here I am with two of my favorite ladies, M and E, at the end of a hot summer day. The last time I posted a photo of the three of us together was late May, and what a difference two months of hot sun and regular exercise make -- we're a bit tanner and more toned! E has made the greatest strides in such little time. I only swim two to three times a week, but she exercises to Jillian Michaels videos almost everyday (which I don't have the discipline to do), and it shows. She looks adorable in her retro bathing suit! (I'd post a pic but I don't think she'd want me to. ;-))

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...