Thursday, February 7, 2013

Party Ideas

My son's 5th birthday is coming up in less than a month and we're still trying to figure out the theme. Superheroes? Dinosaurs? Crafts? Spring and the outdoors? One of his classmates just had a Lego birthday recently or it would have been our first choice. Of course we might just rehash it. Our kid lives and breathes Legos on a daily basis. Last year we had two parties, two piƱatas, and two themes (Lego Star Wars and Mickey Mouse). This year, I feel burned out. My husband says we should just do a "generic" party theme -- bright colors, balloons, and a cake. I'm thinking maybe we should also add lots of prizes so that every kid goes home with a prize that they won (maybe instead of the usual party favor bags).

Anyway, all I know for sure is that we're having cupcakes AND ice cream cake.

A very cool homemade cake from his classmate's Lego-themed birthday a couple of weeks ago

One of the coolest things I've seen in a while (except it's really expensive for a polyester shirt)

We saw this at Costco and were sorely tempted. Sometimes I think Costco will be the death of our family wallet. (Fluevog will be the death of my personal one.)

And here's a bonus photo of the kiddo with some friends:

Hanging out and contra dancing with a few of his closest friends

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...