Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas 2011

Hi all! Happy New Year! I'm back online from the "holidaze." I hope you had a wonderful New Year's Eve as well. My hubby was off from work all last week, plus we had lots of gatherings with family and friends (including a day trip to Disneyland/California Adventure), so I simply didn't have time to get online to post photos.

So...more posts coming this week! I want to show you what I wore for New Year's Eve and some of the other events we attended. I also want to show-and-tell my latest completed (i.e. successful) sewing projects. :-)

Dress: Tulle via Modcloth | Cardi: Softie (100% cashmere for the ridiculous price of ~$30) via Amazon | Tights: Foot Traffic via Sockdreams

This was my outfit on Christmas day when we had our family over for luncheon (and beyond). I loved wearing this outfit and I think it was very Christmas-y, with all the red, green, and cream. The bottom hem full of impressionistic roses was a lovely touch. Funny thing, I bought the dress in early fall during Modcloth's clearance sale. I didn't realize it would work beautifully as a Christmas dress. I'm so glad I decided to keep it even though several months passed before I wore it.

Anyway, we had a really great time on Christmas day, from the start of the day to the end, with the kiddo opening presents from "Santa" in the morning and then opening everyone else's presents after lunch. He was sooooo excited. In the morning, when he was opening his gifts, I could feel him shaking with excitement. Trembling with it. The rest of his day went much the same way. His grandmother (my mom) and I could barely get him to sit down and eat anything (except cookies, surprise surprise). My favorite presents? A BabyGAP toggle coat for the kiddo, and a lovely ruffled confection of an apron for me. (It's so pretty, it looks like a dress.)


I'll end this post with a few photos leading up to the big day. 1&2}decorating and salivating over the Christmas cookies that my hubby made. 3}the kiddo-bandido stole his dad's glasses and wore them upside down, looking surprisingly handsome.


xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...