Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Pink, Floral, and Fluevog

Dresses in my closet are making a comeback this season, finally. I wore this dress last summer and wore it again at my friend E's daughter's birthday party almost exactly a month ago. I'm only now sharing it because I didn't have great photos, but after some photo editing I think these will do. I like how the photos show the dress in action. It's made of 100% cotton, and it was comfortable on a very warm and sometimes windy day (no danger of the skirt flying up, thank goodness). The theme of the birthday party was fairies, and with the peter pan collar (get it? Tinkerbell? ;->), the floral motif worked very nicely.

Dress and belt: Janette Fashion via ModCloth | Shoes: Fluevog CBC (Radio family)

On a tangential note (since I wore Fluevogs above), I've been thinking A LOT about these new Fluevog Qtees:

Click on the image to go to Fluevog.com.

Fluevog is now finally making some styles in the super-popular Mini family in my size (5), for sale at the Fluevog stores and online. The catch is that the size 5 isn't available at my nearest Fluevog store (L.A. on Melrose Avenue). I don't know if I should wait for the new Fall styles to come to the Melrose store so that I can try them on properly, or if I should just jump on them and get the Union Square store in San Francisco to mail them to me. I know I should be sensible -- and I did just purchase a new pair recently -- but I do like this colorway very much. Since they don't make many of each style/colorway/size, once they're gone, they're gone (unless you get really lucky and find them on eBay or something). But what's really stopping me is the cost. If only the Melrose store had them, I'd put them on layaway for sure and pay within the next few months. But I don't think that's going to be possible for the San Francisco store. Oh well. I guess I will just have to save up and hope that more size 5 Minis -- in the styles and colorways that I love -- come to Melrose next season.

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...