Monday, November 5, 2012

Polka Dots at Play

Over the weekend, I watched a play in downtown Los Angeles with my mother for her birthday, and this is what I wore.

Dress: Monteau Los Angeles via ModCloth | Cardi: Banana Republic (hand-me-down from my mom) | Tights: GAP | Shoes: Fluevog Qtee (Mini family)

This has to be in my Top 3 favorite outfits this year. From the dress to the cardi to the tights to the shoes ... they all came together just the way I dreamed up the outfit in my head, dressy enough for the Mark Taper Forum but still casual enough for a weekend matinee. (And I had four pockets to work with! Woohoo!) I'm so glad I got to wear my new Coach Tour dress before the weather got too dreary for bright white and polka dots. It was a beautiful sunny day in southern California. The cardi turned out to be too warm for driving, but it was just fine inside the theater.


You probably couldn't tell from the photos above, but (see photo below) my tights had tiny flocked dots as well. Dark pink ones. The lady sitting next to me at the theater said she really liked my tights. And not only did the dots on the tights echo the polka dots of the dress, but their pink color also echoed the burgundy of my beautiful shoes. Pretty sweet, right? ;-)

And oh, the collar of this dress! With the cardigan, the collar looks almost like a scarf from the back. I just love the design of this dress. It's why I have the same dress in three colors/patterns (see here and here; and I am seriously crushing on the "winter" pattern).



Finally, here is a closeup of the Gibson tuck that I tried the last time I wore the shoes. This attempt was much neater, if a little lopsided, and thankfully my bangs have grown long enough in four weeks that they're not so messy and in-my-eyes all the time. I still plan to get a haircut and a trim for my bangs, but until then, I won't need to pin them up constantly.


xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...