Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Outfit

Dress: Eva Franco via ModCloth | Gray stockings: ? | Maryjane heels: Fluevog Malibran (Operetta family)
Photo courtesy of my aunt E

These were our Thanksgiving outfits. I'm quite enamored with the dress I wore. It's another splurge from ModCloth -- an Eva Franco dress on final clearance that is still available in the smaller sizes as of this writing. I love the fabric design, and the dress fits me perfectly at the shoulders, bust, and waist, which is rare for a shorty like me (I'm 5'1"). It's almost as if it was tailored for a petite size. The only thing is, the hem hits me at the knees, so I think it looks more formal on me than it would on someone who's, say, 5'7". Anyway, once I tried it on, I knew I had to wear it to our Thanksgiving family party last week. (Happy belated Thanksgiving to those who celebrated.) I also considered wearing it to the upcoming company Xmas party I mentioned a couple of posts ago, but decided the green Elizabeth shoes wouldn't go as well with the mint green of this dress.

By the way, did you notice my new haircut? No more crazy bangs with split ends, hooray!

Finally, I apologize for the quality of these photos. My DSLR camera has been a little neglected lately. I swear I've been wearing some cute outfits the past couple of weeks, but I simply haven't been able to catch good natural light to take proper photos. It gets dark so early now. But I'll try to find a hack around the lighting issue; if not, I'll just take indoor pictures and edit the photos as needed. Bottom line, I'll try to do better in December. :-)

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...