Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Little Relief


I didn't want the previous post to be my last impression of this week, especially because I do feel better today. Not only did we make a serious dent in cleaning up the house and yard (special thanks to my mom for coming over to babysit AND help clean!), but I also managed to finish part of a small sewing project yesterday -- shortening the hem for my friend's pants. It wasn't a difficult project but it was time consuming. It required a lot of seam ripping and careful measuring. I also decided to sew two seams 1/4" apart to replicate the original look for each pant leg, which meant sewing carefully. I think it turned out well, and I think I'm getting better at sewing straight lines. :-) Now I just have to finish her second pair of pants.

I'm realizing more and more how happy I feel when I'm sewing something. It's nice to have a tangible, finished product at the end of a project that doesn't have to be done again the next day or the next week. And if it turns out well, all the better.

Happy holiday weekend!

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...