Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Garden Update + Outfit


Harvesting the garden is getting fun. The tomatoes are especially tasty and useful. Just yesterday I made a delicious marinara sauce with three pounds of tomatoes that were sitting on my counter ripening for about a week. It was my first time blanching then peeling tomatoes, and it was relatively easy. The sauce tasted like I went to a fancy restaurant, that's how good it was. The secret? Good extra-virgin olive oil and LOTS of garlic. I also like to think that our tomatoes are particularly tasty (our friends say so, anyway). I'll post the recipe here sometime.


This is the first time you've seen that we're also growing chili peppers since I've neglected to photograph the plants, which are in a different part of the yard. We've got six plants, two varieties, and they're all flowering. I hope these turn fire-engine red.


And as promised in the post title, here I am wearing a couple of items from my Old Navy shopping haul, the neon green striped coverup (which I would definitely wear on its own as a dress) and aqua blue flip-flops. Sorry I didn't do my hair or wear makeup. Getting in the pool right after dolling up kinda ruins the effect. There will be a party this weekend, so I hope I'll get decent outfit photos then. :-)

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...