Monday, July 9, 2012

Summer Swim

It's hard to believe that July is almost one-third of the way done. The month shot out of the gate and hasn't stopped racing since! My son and I ended our once-a-week Mommy and Me summer class at the end of June, only to start thrice-weekly swim lessons with six of his young friends at the beginning of July -- or last Monday, actually. I feel like it's been a lot longer than that! The constant house-cleaning has probably gotten to me already. (I'm not very good at keeping house, to be perfectly honest. But the lessons are at our pool so we've got to keep the house relatively tidy; I even put my chores on a schedule in my iPhone, which beeps whenever I need to do a certain chore.)


On the upside, it's been lovely hanging out regularly with my friends here, eating yummy food together after working up an appetite in the water. Case in point: last Friday, from whence the photos above came. Spouses had the day off from work and other family was invited, so it was a big party that lasted about ten hours. I didn't expect such a long get-together but I was loath to see guests leave before dinnertime. The pool water was wonderfully warm (thanks to a very effective pool cover) and we didn't stop swimming until 5:30pm, more than four hours after the swim instructor left. Then we had pizza with homemade toppings (you should try roasting thinly-sliced red onion and green peppers with some olive oil in the oven then putting them on top of a plain cheese pizza -- heavenly!), popcorn, and sorbet. We also had the kids watch the classic 1984 film The NeverEnding Story for the first time. They were scared at times but they loved it.

And that, to me, is what a memorable summer is all about. :-)

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...