Saturday, September 14, 2013

Black A-Line

Top: Banana Republic | Skirt: H&M (hand-me-down from my older sister) | Ballet flats: Fluevog Imagine (ON SALE, coral and aqua too)

I wore this to my twin nieces' birthday party a week ago. The full skirt made the outfit a little formal, but I wanted to wear it out. It's a little big -- you know how much I prefer super-cinched waists -- but I liked how it was partly lined in tulle. I should have ironed it, but I always seem to run out of time when getting ready for parties. Anyway, another plus was getting to wear my art-deco Imagine flats. I think these shoes are so lovely. (If you want to get them, they run really small. So go 2 full sizes up!) I was overdressed for the kid party, but, sadly, opportunities to dress up these days are few and far between. I haven't had a ladies' night out in a while, so I was almost desperate to wear something fancy-ish last weekend! No one in my life has been getting married or having fancy birthday celebrations lately. Kinda sad, no? Come on, family and friends, get on it!

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...