Monday, April 16, 2012

Birthday Dress

I decided to have an early birthday party over the weekend to accommodate my local friends' schedules. (Moms are busy folks, if you didn't know.) Although the food theme was Mexican -- homemade tacos and quesadillas -- I wore an outfit that made me think of Paris. Not really sure why.

Dress: Sugarhill Boutique via ModCloth | Cardi/bolero: Old Navy | Tights: Foot Traffic via Sockdreams | Heels: Fluevog Vanny (Choice Hi family) | Bracelet: gifted

You can't really see here but the dress is printed with birds in cages, in olive green. It has spaghetti straps that totally show bra straps, hence the bolero (which unfortunately didn't fit the outfit very well). I loved wearing the shoes even though I haven't broken them in yet. I bought both the dress and the shoes sometime last year, and I've been waiting a long time to wear them to a party or some other big-ish event in my life -- so what better event than a get-together for my own birthday? :-)

My dear friend M, who convinced me to wear the dress in the first place, wanted to do a mini-photo shoot of me and so had me making some poses that I usually don't attempt when it's just me and the hubby or me and the tripod. As you see:


And these are the tamest ones of the bunch! Both my husband and son were good sports about the photos. Oh, and notice the slight chocolate stains around the kiddo's chin? They came from this absolutely-beautiful and ridiculously-delicious flour-less chocolate cake that tasted like the best brownies and like a bar of dark chocolate at once, that my husband made for me:


It was a super fun day, with loving family and wonderful friends and yummy food. I felt honored that they were there for me, and so very loved. A million heartfelt thanks to them.

xoxo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...