Monday, September 10, 2012

Deep Coral and White

Dress: Calvin Klein for Dress Barn (hand-me-down) | Sandals: Salt Water Sandals via ModCloth

I wore this outfit for my twin nieces' 9th birthday party. My younger sister gave me this dress a couple of weeks ago when she was in town for a visit. She'd worn it for a family get-together in June and she knew how much I liked it. If I'm honest, I'll have to say that the dress looks better on her since she fills out the top more which gives it a nice V-shape tapering to the waist. Technically, she wears a half-size to a size bigger so I could have fit in a smaller size. But if I wear a skinny belt (I'm thinking a white patent belt, which I don't currently have), I can get that same V-shape too. It's a good, heavy fabric that's also lined, and I love the color and polka dots -- look at the way the coral matches the plumeria in the background! It was really nice of my sister to give me the dress. Of course, she has lots of even nicer clothes since she's an MBA with a good job (and she usually doesn't shop at Dress Barn). This dress is more my speed, I think. So thanks, sis!

I also wanted to mention how cute I find the white sandals. I don't think I've owned a pair of white sandals like this since I was a very little girl. I'd been thinking of getting some Salt Water Sandals since last summer but didn't really want to shell out that much money for sandal flats that looked like they were made for little kids. So when ModCloth put these up on sale recently ($13!), I snapped them up. They're actually size UK 4 (which is US 6) so they're a little big, but 1) the ankle straps keep me in securely and 2) I hate toe overhang anyway. These are great. :-)

Anyway, sorry I'm short on photos today. I'll leave you with a hint of my next sewing project.

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...