Monday, September 3, 2012

Weekend Getaway

Happy September! And for those of you in the United States, Happy Labor Day! I hope you've been taking it easy. Here's how I spent part of my holiday weekend. (I sewed up a couple of things the rest of the weekend ... more on that later this week.)


We visited Carpinteria, a cute little beach town in Santa Barbara County, on Friday and Saturday. We love the Tomol Interactive Play Area park in the downtown beach area down Linden Ave. Every time we visit, my son really enjoys climbing the dolphin and seal statuary as well as sliding down the various slides. I visited a great quilt shop called Roxanne's with my mother-in-law while he continued to play with his dad and granddad, then we all had lunch at a beach grill up the coast a bit. Afterward, the kiddo went with his grandparents for a sleepover at their house, and my husband and I took a much-needed nap at the hotel then went out on a dinner date to a wonderful Mexican restaurant called Delgado's -- even the rice and beans were delicious! (And yes, I very much enjoyed my strawberry margarita.) We walked on the beach and watched the sunset, very happy in our tummies. :-) It was a nice, relaxing couple of days. I just wish we could do it more often!

And because this is partly a fashion blog, here's what I wore:


I've never worn this shade of nail color before, and I don't know why. It goes with so many of my accessories! And here I am after the nap and the margarita, looking a little bleary-eyed but feeling pretty good. :-)

Dress: Tulle (hand-me-down from my sister-in-law) | Sweater: Old Navy | Purse: via ModCloth | Sandals: Worishofer via Amazon

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...