Here are my 30 items (embedded via Polyvore):
4 pairs of shoes
4 pairs of boots
Looking at my picks, I can definitely see that I'm a dress and shoe person. The dresses and the shoes were the most difficult to narrow down. I also notice that I am seriously lacking in the bottoms department, but hey, I'll just have to remix what I've got.
The item I'm most apprehensive about is the 1970s-style romper; while it is very comfy, I haven't been able to imagine wearing it outside the house. I decided to include it here to challenge myself. I might end up wearing it only once, or I might end up loving it. We'll see.
Also, purple, purple everywhere!
So here are the rules (guidelines, really) I've decided on:
- I can't shop for another item of clothing or another pair of shoes until all 30 outfits are done -- unless it's a super-special case like getting a bridesmaid dress (not gonna happen anytime soon, I'm sure).
- Camisoles, tank tops, and accessories like belts, jewelry, socks, tights, and leggings don't count in the 30 items. (Since the weather is getting cooler, I'll need to be able to layer if necessary.)
- If necessary, I will allow myself to interchange three pairs of jeans and count them as one item. It might technically be cheating, but honestly all my jeans look alike anyway. And would you really want me to wear dirty jeans if I don't get to the laundry in good time (which is a definite possibility)?
- This challenge is FOR FUN. If it starts getting too chore-like, then I give myself permission to take days off from the challenge and wear something else fun in my closet. But see Guideline #1.
- The challenge begins this week.
I'm starting to get excited about this challenge. And, imagine that, going through my closet really did feel like shopping (same pleasure centers activated in the brain, I'm thinking). I hope I don't feel horribly boxed in by my choices later on, but I do love many of these items and am looking forward to wearing them out. If it starts becoming un-fun, then, as per Guideline #4, I will just throw on a different outfit until I'm ready to go back to the challenge.
Now I'm off to Polyvore to put together some possible remixes with my 30 items.