Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wedding Outfit

Just a quick post to share my outfit from a wedding I attended over the weekend. Sorry for the poor iPhone quality, but it's the only full-length photo of me from that day.

Dress: ModCloth; Belt: Kohl's; Shoes: Chie Mihara Quintana via Amazon; Necklace: ModCloth; Bracelets: Kohl's (wooden bangles), unknown (metal bangles), thrifted in Poland in 1995 (pink floral ceramic bangle)


I totally love this dress. (Ladies, it has pockets!) The mod style is uber-flattering and camouflaged my, erm, bulges. I got so many compliments on it that night. And on my shoes as well. :-) They're not Fluevogs, so they didn't hold up that well during dancing; the tops of my feet started to hurt after a couple of hours. Still, Chies are lovely and well-made, and I just adore the vintage look of the Quintanas. I wore them to the wedding because they are my fanciest shoes (and they matched the dress the best). Fluevog's fanciest styles, alas, are a little too large for my feet. But have no fear! I am on a quest for the fanciest Fluevogs for my feet!

(Btw, props to the hubby for suggesting that I wear a wide belt with the dress. He actually helped me put together the outfit! I loved it!)

I also wanted to relate that I went to a consignment store today and got rid of that gray sweater dress -- and other little-used items from my closet -- from outfit #3 in the last blog post. I feel lighter already.

Finally, once I figure out how to take self-portraits using the tripod and remote, I'm going to start taking detail photos of my outfits so you can see fabric and accessories close-up. More fun learning experiences ahead.

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...