Saturday, October 22, 2011

3 of 30: Pumpkin Patch

Top photo with one of my favorite young ladies (good friend's daughter). Bottom photo with the hubby. Top: Uno Core via Amazon; Jeans: Gloria Vanderbilt, hand-me-down; Shoes: Blowfish via Amazon; Purse: Ralph Lauren via TJ Maxx

It was so hot today that I was getting rather peevish about the weather. Is it fall or isn't it? I know, I know...I remember the past four or five Halloweens being very warm. The fall here likes to tease us at the beginning of October, saying "Ta-da! Here I am!" with a few days of nippy weather and even some rain. Then it runs away and hides for the rest of the month. I know it will get to freezing in one, maybe two handfuls of weeks, but I was totally looking forward to wearing skirts with tights and cardigans. And when you've chosen your 30 for 30 items based on the expectation of cooler weather, deciding on your outfit for a very warm day becomes more difficult.

Anyway, I like today's challenge outfit much better than the last one. Plus, better hair and decent makeup. I did wear jeans again but it was because I was going to a pumpkin patch with a group of young kids and I needed to choose, you know, function and durability over beauty. I wish I had worn shorts and a loose cotton top given the weather, but I wasn't going to wear my nice dry-clean-only 30 for 30 shorts to all that dirt and dust and farm animals, adorable as they are. (Speaking of choices, I edited a few of my 30 for 30 items with a bit more practicality in mind.)



The kids had so much fun, and so did we. After picking out our pumpkins and paying, we ended up getting dinner at In-N-Out and spending more time at our friend's house, where we hung out and watched Rango and Megamind until the kids started nodding off (hers) or melting down (mine, who fell asleep in the car on the way home).

xo, Gladys

6 comments:

  1. looks like you've visited a pretty place :)

    check out my blog whenever you had a chance :D

    warmest regards,
    Miss Aa
    http://miss-aa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, what a sweet day you had! I'm eighteen years old and still love to visit the pumpkin patch in my town every fall... It's not Halloween without it! And I feel bad that it hasn't cooled down for you folks down in Texas yet... Here in Ohio we're having the perfect fall weather! Although in the middle of winter I'll be the one jealous of you ;)

    ...And thank you ever so much for dropping by my blog and leaving such a sweet note! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos. :)
    Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SomeoneLikeYou I lived in Illinois for a year and remember how amazing the fall season is in the Midwest. But yes, I don't miss all the snow! LOL. Take care and stay adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nana Hi Nana, thanks so much for commenting! I love your photos, too. I admire all the different settings of your photo shoots. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...