Monday, October 17, 2011

Challenge: 30 for 30

Confession time. I've been over-extending my wallet for a while now (damn you, Fluevog and ModCloth!), and I really need to suppress the urge to shop especially with the new house and all of the inevitable expenses that come with moving into a new (and larger) place. I've already managed to purchase my Halloween costume:
Kling via ModCloth. It's cowgirl time!

...and my gorgeous holiday dress:
"Sabrina" cocktail dress via ShopKempt (it's a deep navy!)

So really, I should be done with shopping for a while. BUT I still often browse through and add more items to my many wishlists on ModCloth and Amazon (which has that darn Universal Wishlist feature that I use too much). Well, no more! It's time I shopped my closet. I still have more than a few items that need to see the light of day.

To that end, I've decided to take on the 30 for 30 Challenge invented by blogger Kendi Everyday to tackle her overspending habits. It's 30 items of clothing remixed into 30 outfits. It used to be 30 outfits in 30 consecutive-ish days, but Kendi has since loosened those guidelines -- rightly, I think. No need to kill yourself trying to dress up. Takes all the fun out of it! Anyway, I think the 30 for 30 is a brilliant idea. In the next post or so I'll figure out when I'll start, what my particular ground rules will be, and which 30 items will be remixed. Wish me luck! (And if you want, join me!)

xo, Gladys

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to attempt the 30 for 30 but I never have. I feel like I'm not courageous enough or would get bored with the 30 items or something haha. I do have the same problem tho, EVERYTHING on modcloth is soo dang cute.

    kaithuber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi kait! yeah, totally afraid of boredom. but i think what will be the saving grace for me is the remixing...i'm a newbie at all this fashion stuff so i'm hoping to learn more about colors and textures and what i really like. thanks for stopping by! i'm enjoying your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...