Monday, October 17, 2011

Home Decor Pt. 2, Plus Vintage Design

FYI: This post has a mondo crapload of photos. I apologize in advance for slowing down your computer. We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.


Just a couple more items from Crate & Barrel for the new house. First, this neat floor mat for the sliding door to the backyard:
Then these awesome dining table placemats:
The placemats remind me somewhat of the vintage home decorative art that we saw at the LACMA (on the same day we saw the Tim Burton exhibit). The vintage home decor was in an exhibit called "California Design, 1930-1965." Super, super cool. Plus I was able to take photos! Here are some of my favorites. You can click on the photos to enlarge. (And sorry for the poor quality -- not enough good lighting for my camera given my entry-level camera skills).


I enjoyed it all, especially the gorgeous restored vehicles (the Airstream and Studebaker, which I believe has the word STUD in it for a reason) and the clothing (but of course!). But this beautiful necklace tickled my brain when I realized that the design spelled out a quote. I recognized the quote but couldn't place it exactly until later on. I know it's a little hard to see, but can you figure it out from the few words visible?


You might be able to see it better as a shadow:


Highlight here for the answer:

So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee
--from Shakespeare's Sonnet 18

I guess all those English classes in college did me some good. :-)

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...