Thursday, June 27, 2013

Aqua Chiffon

I wore this outfit to meet up with friends for dim sum in Monterey Park (at yummy NBC Seafood) and then visit Fluevog Los Angeles on Melrose afterward. I love how the top matches the shoes (Hi there, I'm Mrs. Matchy-Much. Nice to meet you). I don't wear these oxfords often enough, even though they're utterly beautiful and supremely comfortable. It's actually a pleasure to drive with these shoes on (no lie). So when they fit perfectly into an outfit, I'm happy. These were my fourth pair of Fluevogs, from three years ago, and the amazing colors, comfort, and quality of this particular pair were what clinched my love for Vogs. It was the first time I'd gotten shoes in an unusual color. I'd only ever worn black, white, red, or brown shoes before that. After these aqua/turquoise shoes, I knew I'd be getting more colorful shoes in the future.

Top: Marineblu via Amazon | Jeans: GAP | Watch: Fossil | Shoes: Fluevog Erika (Fellowship family) (black/ivory still available)





I believe I've had this top for two years now and I've worn it maybe once before ... or is this one of the items that fell through the cracks in my closet after I bought it? In any case, it felt new to me when I pulled it off the hanger and put it on for this outfit, and I was very pleasantly surprised. More like delighted. I am a huge fan of this shape -- the puffed sleeves and flattering embellished v-neck that accentuate my shoulders and the incurve of my waist, and the smocked hem right at my hips. It's a chiffon fabric that hangs nicely and glosses over any lumps. :-D Since I've gained a not-insignificant amount of weight from this time last year, I've been looking for more dressy tops that aren't form-fitting. I had no idea I had something like this in my closet already. I think the reason I didn't wear it more often after buying it is that it looks much better on one's body than on the hanger so my eyes always passed over it. But not to worry. This is one piece that is definitely going into heavier rotation from now on. And check out that embellished back!

So why did I go to the Fluevog store on Melrose?


While I was on vacation, dealer Kate emailed me to let me know that the pair of shoes that they shipped from the Minneapolis store just for me -- the size 5 of the beautiful burgundy Baroque: Rubens -- had finally arrived. Because the Melrose store never got the smallest sizes of these shoes, I wasn't able to try them on properly before. They run a half-size large, so my feet are SWIMMING in the size 6. I was thrilled when Fluevog started making them in size 5. (My wallet, though? Not so thrilled, ha.)

The Baroque family's hexagonal heel is what makes them so special. Fluevog

Don't you love that stamped suede?

They look quite regal, don't they? I really like how the heel isn't very high; it has a very vintage feel, all the way back to 17th-century royal European courts. And the shoes seem very easy to incorporate into goth or more vampy outfits as well. ;-) My fellow Voger friend Shirl swears by them. I'm inclined to believe her.

xo, Gladys

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your thoughts here. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...